This old coastguard cottage occupies an elevated position overlooking the old village of Robin Hood's Bay and across to Ravenscar. Its location is beautiful and peaceful yet is only a short walk down the steps to the hustle & bustle of the village with its cafes, restaurants, pubs, shops and glorious views across the bay. This is one of the very few holiday cottages in Robin Hood's Bay with parking for 2 cars outside the property.
The accommodation comprises:
- Entrance into the small kitchen with electric hob, fridge freezer and washer dryer
- The kitchen leads into a dining room with dining table and chairs, beautiful original stripped pine dresser, microwave and feature fireplace with electric fire.
- From the dining room, door into lounge with large flat-screen TV with Freeview, DVD player-recorder, radio-cassette and electric fire. There is a very large comfy sofa and 2 easy chairs.
- Also on the ground floor is the bathroom comprising bath with electric shower over, WC, wash basin and wall heater.
- Stairs from the dining room lead to a bedroom with antique king-size bed, built-in wardrobe, dressing table & chair, chest of drawers, stripped wood floor, electric heater and sea views. Please note that the bed in this room is higher than normal but affords beautiful views through the window across the sea to Ravenscar; perfect for that morning cup of tea in bed.
- Across the landing is the second bedroom with 3 full-width single beds, built-in wardrobe, chest of drawers and stripped wood floor.
- Outside to the rear of the property is parking for up to 2 cars.
- Outside to the front of the property is a pleasant enclosed lawned garden with table and chairs. Please note that the garden is accessed around the terrace of cottages and not directly from No. 2. From the garden, there are private steps and path down to the old village.
- Please note that the cottage is entirely electric and there is a £1 coin meter. The average weekly spend in 2014 was £14.10.
- All beds have electric blankets, duvets and Egyptian cotton bed linen. You are requested to bring your own towels and tea towels.
- Coastguard's Cottage is not suitable for children under the age of 5.