The Studio is perfectly located above the sea wall and affords truly magnificent views from almost every window across the entire bay. Cottages with such commanding views are rare indeed so we are understandably thrilled to offer this 3-bedroomed property which comfortably sleeps 6 people.
During peak times, whole week bookings for this property are Saturday - Saturday.
The accommodation comprises:
- The entrance to The Studio is from Tommy Baxter Street and enters, unusually, onto a mid-stair landing. A few steps up will take you into an open-plan lounge, dining area and kitchen.
- The lounge benefits from two large windows; one looking directly out to sea and the other across the expanse of the bay to the Ravenscar headland. The living areas are fabulously light and airy and are well-equipped for a family holiday, whatever the weather. The lounge comprises 2 sofas, an armchair and a large glass coffee table. There is a large wall-mounted TV with Sky, a DVD player and a wall-mounted CD player. The tall pine bookcase is stocked with paperbacks and local literature.
- Open from the lounge is the well-equipped kitchen with Indesit dishwasher, washing machine, separate dryer, built-in Diplomat electric oven and a 4-ring gas hob. There is an under-counter fridge and a separate under-counter freezer and a microwave, kettle and toaster complete the electrical facilities. In addition, the cupboards are well stocked with crockery, cutlery, cookware, pans and utensils.
- A half-glass door and window flood the kitchen with light and lead out to the private terraced patio affording stunning views.
- Back in the cottage, a staircase down leads to 2 bedrooms and the first of the shower rooms. The double bedroom occupies a corner position and so has the benefit of 2 windows, both with extensive sea views. There is a pine chest of drawers and 2 pine bedside tables with lamps.
- The second bedroom has 2 purpose-built and very solid bunk beds with a useful extra space on the top bunk for storing night clothes, soft toys, spectacles, books and phones. There is also a chest of drawers, a small TV to keep the little ones amused and a window looking out onto the patio.
- At the end of the landing is a lovely shower room with double-size shower cubicle, large washbasin and WC complete with 'washed wood'-effect floor and walls. Please note that there is limited space between the shower cubicle and washbasin.
- From the lounge, a further staircase leads up to a further bedroom which comprises 2 full-width single pine beds with bedside cabinets and lamps, a pine chest of drawers, TV and a window providing the same stunning views from a more elevated position. This bedroom benefits from a beautiful en suite shower room with shower cubicle, washbasin. and WC. The velux window looks out over the Fisherhead-side of the village.
- The kitchen door leads out on to a flagstone terrace with a glass and chrome surround and a barbecue area. Steps lead down to an area of decking with a large table and chairs. Further steps lead down to a sloping area of grass with a small seating area at the bottom at the seaward edge for that extra peaceful morning coffee. All 3 levels of the terrace have amazing and uninterrupted views across the bay.
- The Studio has full central heating.
- Most of the floors are wooden but the lower ground floor is carpeted.
- Bed linen is provided but you are requested to bring your own towels.
- One small dog is allowed (subject to conditions).