Cockpit Cottage is a bright and airy 3-bedroomed property in the lower village of Robin Hood's Bay offering flexible accommodation for 4 people. Without a doubt, it is one of our quaintest! It benefits from a delightfully spacious patio and garden which captures the morning and mid-day sun.
Please note that during peak times, whole-week bookings for this property are Friday - Friday.
The accommodation comprises:
- The front door leads into an entrance hallway and a fully-equipped galley kitchen, comprising fridge-freezer, washing machine, ceramic 4-ring hob, electric fan oven, mini drinks fridge, microwave (700W), large sink and drainer. There is a pine dresser at the rear of the kitchen and the floor is stone tiled.
- The lounge is small and cosy and has a fold-down dining table, electric stove-effect fire, large leather sofa and bent-wood chair. There is a flat screen TV with a separate DVD player and a selection of books and games.
- From the lounge, stairs lead up to the first floor double bedroom with a superking, wooden-framed sleigh bed, wicker chair, chest of drawers and retro radio. A large window overlooks pantiled rooftops and provides for a light and airy room.
- Also on the 1st floor is a spacious and very charming bathroom with black & white tiled floor, roll-top bath, separate shower cubicle, WC and wash basin.
- A door from the master bedroom leads up the steep stairs to the attic bedroom.
- The pretty 2nd-floor attic bedroom has 2 full-width single beds with spotlights, a small chest of drawers, bedside table and retro radio. Please note that access to the attic bedroom is through the master bedroom.
- There is a further bedroom on the lower ground floor with a 3/4 bed, wicker chair, chest of drawers and beamed ceiling.
- Outside, there is a lovely garden which is particularly spacious for Robin Hood's Bay. It comprises a gravelled pot garden with wooden bench, mature shrubs and a paved patio with table and chairs.
- The cottage is heated by electric storage heaters.
- Bed linen is provided but you are requested to bring your own towels.
- Cockpit Cottage will accept 1 dog (by negotiation) but please note that dogs must be strictly confined to the ground floor.
- Cockpit Cottage has steep staircases that require care when descending them.
- Dogs must be strictly confined to the ground floor.
- Wifi is available at this property.
- There is limited head height in the attic bedroom.
- Cockpit Cottage is unsuitable for young children and elderly and infirm people.