The Nook is a delightful 1-bedroomed cottage set over 3 floors with lovely views from the bedroom window across the bay towards Ravenscar. It has been completely and tastefully refurbished (2018) and offers light & airy yet cosy accommodation. The bedroom is quite beautiful and the comfortable lounge is on the first floor, conveniently elevated above the street for peace and privacy. The cottage's location on King Street is just metres from the beach and allows for easy access and unloading.
The accommodation comprises.......
- Entrance from a small snicket off King Street, the front door leads directly into the kitchen and dining area with a compact but fully equipped hand-made kitchen with laminate flooring. There is a full-size electric oven with grill, a 2-ring halogen hob, microwave oven, kettle, toaster and under-counter fridge with ice compartment. The kitchen is well stocked with utensils, crockery and cookware. Away from the kitchen is an upholstered fireside chair and a pine dining table and chairs. The main window overlooks King Street and a lovely original cast iron tiled fireplace completes the room.
- A wide, shallow staircase takes you up to the first floor lounge and bathroom.
- The lounge has a lovely warmth and cosiness to it yet stays beautifully light in the morning sun. There is a leather sofa and matching armchair, ample cushions and throws, an electric stove-effect fire, flat-screen TV and DVD player with a good selection of DVDs, games and books available and WiFi internet access. The room is fully carpeted and has a window overlooking King Street.
- The bathroom is tiled and has a full-length bath with a hand shower, heated towel rail, large mirror and a pine shelf unit.
- A further wide, shallow staircase leads up to the delightful bedroom with a pine double bed, two chests of drawers and a built-in wardrobe. There is also a large dressing table with a stool and large mirror, an electric fan, a CD player and radiator. Windows on both sides of the room make for a bright and airy space but the piece de resistance in this room is the full-length and fully-upholstered window seat with ample cushions and a fabulous view across the bay towards Ravenscar. This very pleasant room is well-thought-out with excellent use of space.
- Overall, The Nook is a well-maintained little cottage with good quality fixtures and fittings and aesthetically-pleasing decor.
- The cottage has full gas central heating and hot water on demand.
- There is a parking permit for 1 car in the council car parks in the upper village.