This well-known and much-loved cottage has just undergone a full and complete renovation and is now a stunning beach house that will lift your spirits as soon as you enter. Located in an elevated position above the sea wall, Sherwood Cottage commands lovely sea views from most of the rooms. Sleeping 6 people in 3 bedrooms, the cottage now boasts a log-burning stove, extended bathroom and a 2nd separate WC. The coastal decor and furnishings exude a fresh, light and airy feel. You will definitely know that you're on holiday in this delightful cottage.
During peak times, whole week bookings for this property are Friday - Friday.
The accommodation comprises:
- The front door opens directly into the spacious lounge/diner. There is a corner sofa unit which will seat 6 people comfortably, large flat-screen TV, dining table and chairs and a log burning stove. The lounge has sea views and the double windows make this a light, fresh and airy space.
- Unlike most cottages in the old village, the kitchen in Sherwood Cottage is separate to the lounge and is a lovely and practical space in which to prepare meals. Newly-fitted, it comprises an electric oven, 4-ring gas hob, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, kettle and toaster.
- From the lounge, a staircase takes you up to the first floor where there are 2 bedrooms, a family bathroom and a separate cloakroom.
- The master bedroom has a window on the seaward aspect and affords a lovely view across the water. There is a double bed with bedside tables, lamps and a white chest of drawers. The walk-in wardrobe cupboard provides ample hanging space and extra shelves.
- The twin room comprises two full-width single beds with central bedside table and lamp, a pine chest of drawers and a built-in wardrobe cupboard. The window in this room looks out onto Chapel Street.
- The family bathroom is a real delight, having a free-standing roll-top bath, separate shower cubicle, WC and washbasin with a vanity unit below and a small window which looks out over the sea.
- Also on this floor is a separate WC with a feature coastal wall painting.
- From the first-floor landing, a very narrow staircase leads up to the attic bedroom with a double bed, white chest of drawers, matching bedside tables and lamps and a window looking out to sea. Please note that there is limited head-height and a low beam in this room.
- As a whole, the cottage has hard floors on the ground floor and bathroom. The bedrooms, stairs and landing are all carpeted. The cottage has full gas central heating, a log-burning stove and secondary double-glazing.
- For those of you who have stayed here before, the patio across the road sadly no longer belongs to Sherwood cottage.
- Bed linen and tea towels are provided but you are requested to bring your own towels.
- Logs, kindling and firelighters are available from Muir Lea Stores in the lower village and also from Station Road Stores in the upper village.
- More pictures to follow.