Two-bedroomed cottage with stunning sea views, garden and log-burner.
Sorry, no pets.
High Sea View is one of those rare cottages in lower Robin Hood's Bay that has magnificent sea views from almost every window towards the north and Ness Point. Having undergone a recent part-refurbishment, the cottage offers compact but comfortable accommodation over four floors and benefits from a log-burning stove, comfortable lounge and that other rarity - a small garden. There are precious few cottages in the lower village that offer good sea views but, as the name suggests, High Sea View delivers them in abundance. In addition, the cottage occupies a corner plot and enjoys windows to both the front and side aspects resulting in a cottage that is flooded with light.
The accommodation comprises:
- 6 stone steps lead down to the entrance door and into the lower ground-floor kitchen/dining room.
- The kitchen has a tiled floor, a range of pine units with a Belfast sink, four-ring gas hob and gas oven, fridge freezer, microwave, kettle and toaster. The kitchen is well stocked with crockery, cutlery and cookware and a pine table with chairs and bench completes the room.
- Stairs lead up to the open-plan lounge with stunning views out to sea and to Ness Point. The lounge has recently undergone full refurbishment. There are two comfortable sofas and a large footstool, pine chest and a new stone fireplace with a log-burning stove at its focus. Windows to both the front and side aspects of the cottage create a light and airy feel.
- Stairs lead up to the second-floor bedroom which comprises a double/single white wood bunk bed with a double bed on the bottom and a single bed atop. This room also has a built-in cupboard with hanging space and an upholstered seat underneath the window. The window to the front aspect looks out over one of the most iconic cottages in the village and out over the sea.
- A further staircase leads to a small double bedroom with double cast-iron antique bed, walk-in wardrobe cupboard and stunning views to the front aspect.
- Also on this floor is a compact but fully refurbished shower room. It is fully-tiled and comprises a WC, washbasin and shower cubicle. A neat little window looks out to Ness Point.
- The combi-boiler provides full central heating and hot water on demand.
- Bed linen is provided but you are requested to bring your own towels and tea-towels.
- The cottage has hollowfibre duvets but a mix of feather and non-feather pillows.
- New carpets throughout (late 2018)
- Please note that smoking is not allowed in the cottage.