Maid Marion is the quaintest of cottages and is tucked away on a quiet cobbled street, just behind The Laurel Inn in the lower village of Robin Hood's Bay. It is a delightful mix of the traditional and the new and can accommodate up to 4 people.
The accommodation comprises...
The cottage is accessed from the narrow cobbled street known as Martin's Row. A wooden gate leads into a small yard with 2 useful outbuildings for storing wetsuits and beach gear. The front door opens into a small porch.
As with a great many cottages in lower Bay, the ground floor is a single room comprising lounge, kitchen and dining. In the lounge area, there are 2 upholstered fireside chairs, a small 2-seater sofa, TV with Freesat and an electric fire. The small kitchen area comprises an electric cooker with 4-ring hob, under-counter fridge with freezer compartment, kettle, toaster and microwave and there is a small dining table with 4-chairs. The window overlooks New Road and the pantiled rooftops of the nearby cottages.
From the entrance porch, a winding staircase leads up to the first floor where there is a double bedroom and a bathroom. The double bedroom comprises a double bed with built-in shelves and hanging space. There is a window overlooking New Road and Fisherhead. The shower room has a shower cubicle, WC and a washbasin with a vanity unit under. There is a heated towel rail and an additional wall heater.
A further winding staircase takes you up to the attic bedroom with 2 single pine beds, pine chest of drawers and a hanging rail. There is a window which also looks out over New Road and Fisherhead.
Things to note.....
- Maid Marion was fully re-carpeted in August 2020 and all of the cutlery, cookware and utensils were replaced with new at the same time.
- The cottage has a travel cot and an iron & ironing board.
- Typical for lower Bay, the stairs are winding and require a degree of care when using them. Please use the grab rails provided.
- There is no mains gas at Maid Marion.
- Electricity is included in the price. Although it is currently via a coin meter, the coins are provided for you
- No dogs
- No parking permit