Shops in Robin Hood's Bay and the local area.......
Station Road Stores - Located in upper Robin Hood's Bay, Station Road Stores is ideal for all of your everyday essentials and also has a full Post Office facility. You can also purchase your parking permits for the council car parks here. 01947 880202
Muir Lea Stores - Located in lower Robin Hoods Bay, you can find all of your daily essentials during your stay in the lower village including newspapers, milk, Stonehouse Bakery products, confectionery, alcoholic beverages, fresh fruit & vegetables and local gifts. 01947 880316
Thorpe Stores - Located in Fylingthorpe village just a mile from Robin Hoods Bay, Thorpe Stores is ideal to pick up any daily essential if you are arriving in Robin Hoods Bay from the direction of Scarborough. 01947 880213
If you are travelling through Whitby, there is a Sainsbury's supermarket with petrol station and ATM facilities and a newly-opened Aldi, both of which are ideally placed on the road out of Whitby and towards Robin Hood's Bay.
If you are travelling through Scarborough, there is a large Morrison's supermarket on the main A64 road south of Scarborough which has a filling station, ATM and a pharmacy. There is also a McDonalds and a food pub close by.
Other shops in Robin Hoods Bay.........
- Berties of Bay - for heritage work-wear, home furnishings and unique gifts - specialising in traditional local-pattern 'ganseys' - www.bertiesofbay.co.uk
- Bay Fisheries - the original fish and chip shop on Albion Road, just off the dock - 01947 880665
- Brown's Sweet Shop - with chocolate fountain, traditional jars of sweets and connoisseur chocolates - 01947 881288
- Barnard's Butchers (in Fylingthorpe) - local butcher and pizzeria (takeaway only) - 01947 880322
- The Robin Hood's Bay Book Shop - one of only two left in the village - for second-hand books and local literature.
- Dolly’s Sweet Shop - located in the dock and serving ice lollies, sweets and gift confectioneries.
If you fancy a drink or a bite to eat, there are enough pubs, cafes and restaurants to suit all tastes......
- The Victoria Hotel - tea garden and new orangery overlooking the bay, restaurant and large bar - 01947 880205 - www.victoriarhb.com
- The Grosvenor - serves food and has a snooker table. Steve Phillips (Notting Hillbillies) plays here every Tuesday night - 01947 880320 - www.thegrosvenor.info
- The Laurel Inn - no food but you are welcome to bring your own in - 01947 880400
- Ye Dolphin Inn- serves food from 12 noon 01947 880337
- The Bay Hotel - down in the dock and serving food all day and evening - 01947 880278 - www.bayhotel.info
- The Fylingdales Inn - large grassy beer garden and play area - serves food all day - 01947 880433 - www.fylingdalesinn.co.uk
- The Wayfarer Bistro - 01947 880240 - www.wayfarerbistro.co.uk
- The Bramblewick - 01947 880187 - www.bramblewick.org
- Smugglers - 01947 880099 - www.boathouserhb.co.uk
- The Cove - large cafe with 2 terraces, one overlooking the sea - 01947 880180 -
- Tea, Toast and Post - for doorstop sandwiches and toast - 07518 518616
- The Coffee Shack - for crepes, cakes and coffee - 01947 880608
- Bertie's of Bay work-wear outpost (formerly The Old Bakery Tea Rooms) - for coffee, cake and, of course, ganseys and work smocks - 01947 880361
Fish & Chips
- Mariondale Fisheries - the original Bay chippie down in the dock - 01947 880426
- Fish Box - the new one, half-way up Bay Bank - 01947 880595 - www.fishboxwhitby.co.uk
For further information on more shops, restaurants, cafes and pubs in the local area, please visit www.robin-hoods-bay.co.uk
Pet Friendly Holidays
Here at Robin Hood’s Bay Holiday Cottages, we understand how important it is to bring your beloved family pet on holiday with you. We have a fantastic selection of pet-friendly cottages suitable for parties of up to 8 people.