Alpamare Waterpark in Scarborough
In July 2016, Alpamare Water Park opened its doors to the public for the very first time, bringing a new and exciting day out for all the family to the Scarborough area. The multi-million pound park boasts the UK's fastest and longest water slides and is only a 20-minute drive from Robin Hood's Bay. Whatever the weather, Alpamare is a great day out for all the family. The park boasts the following facilities:
- 4 fun slides and a wave pool
- Children's play pool
- 2 heated outdoor pools (one is an infinity pool overlooking the sea)
- Wellness spa
- Outdoor terrace with sun loungers
- A restaurant
- Scenic gardens
Adults £20 - Children £16 - Family ticket - £64 (2 ads & 2 ch)
The park is open 365 days a year
Monday - Saturday - 10am - 10pm (Sundays 10am - 9pm)
For more information or to purchase tickets please visit:
Only a 30-minute drive from Whitby and Robin Hood's Bay, Flamingo Land is a great day out for all the family come rain or shine. Flamingo Land facilities include:
- 8 extreme rollercoasters including newest ride 'Hero'
- 14 family-friendly rides
- 9 children's rides
- Cable Car
- Experience days
Fore more information ticket prices and opening times please follow the link below:
Trailways Bike Hire
Trailways is situated on the A171 Whitby/Scarborough road, just south of Whitby and close to the village of Hawsker. It is the perfect place for individuals and groups to hire cycles and travel on the old railway line between Whitby and Scarborough, now known as the Cinder Track. There is a cafe on site for light refreshments.
Trailways is open 7 days a week from 9.30am-6pm and cycle hire is available from Easter - November.
You can contact Trailways on 01947 820207 or by visting the website http://www.trailways.info/
Nestled in the North York Moors National Park, Dalby Forest covers an area of over 8,000 acres of mixed deciduous woodland. Just a stone's throw from Whitby and Robin Hood's Bay, Dalby Forest offers a number of activities including:
- Go Ape - Tree top adventure and tree top junior - an exhilarating and fun event for all the family.
- Segway - Explore the forest floor on an all-terrain electric Segway.
- Dalby Activity Centre - including paint-balling, zombie hunters and team-building activities.
- Bike Hire - ideal for either a gentle ride around the turning paths of the forest or for something more challenging.
- Walking, running and cycling trails through the forest's valleys and uplands.
- Events - from music gigs to stargazing.
Open all year round from 7.30am to 8pm. Entry fee is £9 per car between March & October and £5 for the remainder of the year.
Scarborough Sealife centre is perfect for a rainy day. As a beloved attraction of Scarborough sea front. The Sealife Centre has been attracting visitors for many years. Attractions at the Sealife Centre include penguins, otters, sharks, manta rays, seals, turtles, octopus & jellyfish. With something for everyone, this is a great day out for the entire family.
- Gift shop
- Animal experience days
- Animal feeding and interaction
- Educational talks
For further information please follow the link below: